The following websites have been at least a little bit helpful to me in learning Lao.
- SEAsite Laos has the most resources on
one website that I've found so far. I found the grammer notes useful, as well as many of the other Lao language
resources on this site.
- thailoa.net has information on the Lao language, including how to read
and write Lao script and a good explanation of Lao tones.
- Branah has many virtual keyboards, including one for
Lao. I tried about 3 different virtual keyboards for Lao, and they are essentially the same, but I liked this one slightly
better than the others.
- Laos Guide 999 has a page of useful
- There is a collection of free language courses by the Foreign
Service Institute on several languages, including Lao. I've spent hours on their Reading Lao course, which has helped
me immensely. You should be aware, however, that the material is a bit dated (from 1974) and not everything taught in the
course is correct today.